Last night I spent way too long trying to get AS3 to communicate with a simple socket server I wrote in Processing. I’ve done this kind of thing before and seemed to recall that it was pretty simple. But in the meantime, Adobe, in an effort to be more secure, has changed the Flash player […]


Continue Reading


Work long enough with Flash and dynamic textfields, and you’ll probably run into this one—words that appear to have an extra and/or missing space preceding or following them, often when a link is introduced via the <A> tag. It doesn’t happen with every font (I was using Helvetica Condensed—other condensed fonts seemed faulty as well), […]


Continue Reading